- Double Gold Medal 2014 Winners Tour Chicago (and We Tried Them All!)Every year, Tasting Panel Magazine organizes a tour of a selection of double-gold medal winners from San Francisco World Spirits Competition (an event we closely follow, naturally). We love seeing the critical results...
- YOLO Rum: With Age, MiraclesBottom Line at the Top: YOLO Silver rum is decent but the influence of oak makes the gold rum fabulous.
- Vegas: I Love You But Stop Fiscally Sodomizing Me!I love Las Vegas. I love the people, the atmosphere, the gambling, the lifestyle, the lights, and the glamour.
- AsomBroso Tequila: Evaluating the Whole RangeAsomBroso tequila is most widely recognized for its highly distinctive, peculiar, and—dare we say—erotically evocative bottle design. We've seen people behold the bottle for the first time and the eyes widen in arrays of astonishment, intrigue, horror, excitement, or glee...
- Americanaki Ouzo: the Mediterranean Visits AmericaBottom Line Right at the Top: anise—or what most US citizens would immediately identify as "black licorice"—is polarizing.
- Rabble Review, 2014 SeptemberWHISKEY Willett Single Barrel Rye Whiskey GatoMaxx, Rating: 5.0 Peppery rye spice dominates, but with light citrus notes coming through and a light vanilla overlay, which tames the alcohol bite to a fair degree.