- 7 Spirits for Your Must Buy List; Highlights of the 2015 Tasting Panel TourEvery fall as the football season begins and the baseball season ends, the tour of winning spirits from that year’s San Francisco World Spirits Competition (sponsored by Tasting Panel Magazine) makes its way to Chicago. This year, we were once again fortunate enough to get invited.
- Vicomte French Whisky: if Translucence Had a Taste...Bottom Line at the Top: we found Vicomte to be one of the lightest-bodied, easiest-drinking whiskies on the market.
- Monkey Spiced Rum: Edifying Pedestrian CocktailsBottom Line Right at the Top: Oh no… not a sipping rum, this!
- Xellent Swiss Vodka: Bidding Adieu to Swiss NeutralityBottom Line Right at the Top: Xellent Swiss Vodka is an excellent spirits choice if, in the words of a friend and fellow taste tester, “You have an open wound or a snake bite.” Perhaps that should say former friend.
- Can You Age Your Own Whiskey into Awesomeness?You’ve seen them! The do-it-yourself gallon-sized whiskey barrel where you can age your own whiskey at home.
- 5 Easy and Awesome Alcohol Tricks for the 4th of JulyMost members of the liquorati sip spirits neat or, if absolutely necessary, with a dash of water and a barely perceptible sniff of mostly-hidden derision. One ice cube if a mere acolyte.