Scotch - Blended

This bottle is currently not available for sale through Proof66.This bottle is currently not available through Proof66.

Black Bull 40yr Deluxe Blended Scotch Whisky

From: Scotland Liquor Review Category: Blended Scotch

Bottle/Rating Data

Rating Description

Tier 3
This is a Tier 3 score in the Whiskey category. It means critics recommended the spirit but it will be a value brand or have an exotic taste.
Login to Edit This Bottle

Personal Lists

Login to save this bottle to one or more of your personal lists.

Awards

San Francisco World Spirits Competition

  • This bottle has not been rated by this competition.

Beverage Testing Institute

  • This bottle has not been rated by this competition.

Wine Enthusiast

  • 2011

Proof66 Notes

Black Bull blended scotch was founded in 1933 as George Willshire & Company, later acquired by Duncan & Taylor, the well-known bottlers.

Black Bull 40yr blend is their premium expression, being a collection of 40-44 year old blends from Bunnahabhain, Glenfarclas, Glenlivet, Glenburgie, Highland Park, Miltonduff, Springbank, Tamdhu, and Invergordon... some of the most well-known and storied distilleries in Scotland. It is a blend of 90% single malt whisky with the remaining 10% what they call "single grain" whiskey (very likely corn). There is no additives and it is bottled unfiltered at cask strength (though a modest 80.4 proof).

While not a competition we officially follow because it's constrained to whisky, the Black Bull 40yr won Best New Release at the venerable and respected Whisky Magazine's 2012 World Whiskies Award

Rabble Reviews

This bottle has 0 ratings and 0 reviews.

Tags

We have been busy tagging every bottle on our site with keywords. Click on a tag to search on that keyword and find other bottles with that same characteristic.

Barcodes

Here are the barcodes we have collected from various sizes of this bottle. If you have additional barcodes please submit them to us!
      See an error? We try very hard to have accurate information for every bottle, but sometimes we miss something or just plain get it wrong. If you see any information or data that is in error for this bottle, please report the error to us and we'll get it corrected right away. Cheers!

      Advertisements

      Join Mora

      Related Products