American Whiskey - Rye

This bottle is currently not available for sale through Proof66.This bottle is currently not available through Proof66.

Great Lakes Distillery Menomonee Valley Straight Rye Whiskey

From: Wisconsin, United States Liquor Review Category: Rye American Whiskey

Bottle/Rating Data

Rating Description

This spirit has yet to face the slings and arrows of the rating agencies.
Login to Edit This Bottle

Personal Lists

Login to save this bottle to one or more of your personal lists.

Awards

San Francisco World Spirits Competition

  • This bottle has not been rated by this competition.

Beverage Testing Institute

  • This bottle has not been rated by this competition.

Wine Enthusiast

  • This bottle has not been rated by this competition.

Proof66 Notes

Menomonee Valley Rye whiskey was first released in 2013 numbering 544 bottles... a very limited edition from the craft distillery. It is made from a base of 75% rye with the remaining 25% split evenly between corn and malted barley. To us, this implies a heavy, classic-rye robustness tempered by a bit of the sweet from the corn and the grassy finish of the barley. It is distilled to 155 proof before being blended back to 90 for bottling, which is a little higher in our experience and leads us to believe it's a lighter-bodied whiskey designed to be smooth and accessible rather than heavy, grain-forward flavors. The whiskey was aged on site for 4 years in traditional 53-gallon oak barrels--no accelerated aging, which we greatly appreciate! The name for the rye comes from the fertile Menomonee Valley in Wisconsin where a distillery once stood over a century ago and which today is the location of the new Great Lakes Distillery. 

About the Producer:

Great Lakes Distillery was founded by Guy Rehorst who left his high-tech manufacturing company to return craft-distilling to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They take pride in their local ownership and "mom and pop" status using "old world" methods. Here at Proof66 we had a chance to personally tour the distillery, which can be read in detail in our article Microdistillery Profile: Great Lakes Distillery.

Rabble Reviews

This bottle has 0 ratings and 0 reviews.

Tags

We have been busy tagging every bottle on our site with keywords. Click on a tag to search on that keyword and find other bottles with that same characteristic.

Barcodes

Here are the barcodes we have collected from various sizes of this bottle. If you have additional barcodes please submit them to us!
      See an error? We try very hard to have accurate information for every bottle, but sometimes we miss something or just plain get it wrong. If you see any information or data that is in error for this bottle, please report the error to us and we'll get it corrected right away. Cheers!

      Advertisements

      Join Mora

      Related Products